Alternative to Divorce

A Deed of Separation is a document which can be considered an alternative to a divorce and matrimonial orders. A Deed of Separation may be drawn up and executed by the parties who have been in a relationship (married or unmarried) and who have financial and children issues which require to be documented. It is used where that marriage has broken down and where the parties do not wish to have recourse to the Courts for the purpose of agreeing the terms of the breakdown.

A simpler and effective alternative to Divorce and matrimonial financial proceedings

A Deed of Separation will make provision for Residence (custody), Contact (access) to children, maintenance, division of matrimonial property and Inheritance Act rights. The terms will be committed to writing and signed by both parties.

We offer a fixed fee to draw up a Deed of Separation. We suggest you speak to us first to decide whether this is appropriate for you. You can speak to us free and confidentially. Please contact us

Request for a Legal Consultation

Garner & Hancock realise that the prospect of pursuing a legal matter can be challenging, so we offer an initial phone consultation to discuss your options, and to give you information that will help you make the right choices affecting your case.

Our Guarantee

Family Law Advice, members of STEP experts in planning

We believe our business begins and ends with you and your needs, as our client. Therefore, we are committed to providing the best client care and advice which will give you confidence that your matter is handled with the utmost care.

How Can We Help You?

We’re here to assist you. Simply send us your query, and we’ll provide an initial consultation to anyone seeking legal assistance. Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime for help with your legal matters.