We are fully open for business- but we still continue to offer remote legal advice to our new and valued clients and third parties. We can work via Facetime, Whatsapp, Skype and Zoom. Please call 0208 232 9560 or complete a contact form to arrange service.

The Family Building Society – Independent Legal Advice

The Family Building Society ILA

The Family Building Society – Garner & Hancock Independent Legal Advice

No need to come to the office to sign off your The Family Building Society ILA certificate”

Garner & Hancock are specialist property lawyers with a vast experience of advising clients on property transactions. We offer a speedy, professional service to get your transaction finalised with a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice. We can arrange a face to face meeting  or by Zoom

Why do I need Independent Legal advice for my The Family Building Society Mortgage?

The Family Building Society will require an Independent Legal advice certificates to be signed by a solicitor in the following circumstances:

  1. The legal owner is different to the those taking on the responsibility fo the mortgage.
  2. The money is lent to a company
  3. You are guarantor
  4. You are parents lending to you child/children

Such a step is  usually time sensitive and could jeopardise the transaction if not completed in a timely fashion. This is often the final piece of the jigsaw in a long and laborious process.  Your own conveyancing solicitor will be unable to offer this service as the mortgage company requires another independent solicitor to advise on the transaction.  This is where we come in.

We are there for when you might need another solicitor standing by to deal with the final part of the transaction.

We have a fixed fee advisory service and we do not require you to come to the office.

What are the steps?

  1. The first step is to send us the documents sent to you by your solicitor received from the The Family Building Society.
  2. We shall then check the documents and arrange a Zoom meeting
  3.  You will need to produce your ID – Passport or driving licence and utility bill or Council tax bill.
  4. Once we have advised you. you will need to sign the :
  6. You will then need to send this to us by recorded delivery and we shall then sign/endorse the certificate and send it to you nominated solicitors.

We provide efficient service with the minimum of fuss.

How long does it take?

We can arrange the  meeting within 24 hours. You must send us the signed document and  and we shall then endorse the document.

What is the cost?

 Independent Legal Advice certification.

This includes a meeting, reviewing the documents seeking any clarification from the conducting solicitors and finally certifying the documents with a letter of comprehensive advice plus £12 recorded delivery fee.

£250 + VAT

For any additional person, we need to advise (in joint lending/guarantors)

£50.00 + VAT

Why come to Garner & Hancock?

We have dealt with 100’s of such documents, we know what the lender requires. We are specialists in this area and know that time is of the essence. We have over 75 five star google reviews


Who should I contact?

For a quick turn around and response within 1 hour* please call Garner & Hancock Solicitors 020 3879 4027 and ask for Mr Vinay Tanna.

Or complete the form below

We also provide a service where we can come to your home or business. *Within business hours

Request a Free

  • Privacy Policy consent

  • Please view our complete Privacy Policy on how we store and protect your data.
  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Free advice and Q & A from your armchair - upcoming and recorded webinars

  • Commercial Leases - Getting Out of Them or Renegotiating Them
  • Buying or Selling a Property During This Time – Are You Serious?
  • Landlord and Tenant – Landlords Right During Lockdown

followed by Q&A with our solicitor panel