No need to come to the office to sign off your Coutts ILA certificate”
Garner & Hancock are specialist property lawyers with a vast experience of advising clients on property transactions. We offer a speedy, professional service to get your transaction finalised with a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice. We can arrange a face to face meeting or by Zoom.
Why do I need Independent Legal advice for my Barclays Mortgage?
Coutts will require an Independent Legal advice certificates to be signed by a solicitor in the following circumstances:
- The legal owner is different to the those taking on the responsibility fo the mortgage.
- The money is lent to a company
- You are guarantor
- You are parents lending to you child/children
Such a step is usually time sensitive and could jeopardise the transaction if not completed in a timely fashion. This is often the final piece of the jigsaw in a long and laborious process. Your own conveyancing solicitor will be unable to offer this service as the mortgage company requires another independent solicitor to advise on the transaction. This is where we come in.
We are there for when you might need another solicitor standing by to deal with the final part of the transaction.
We have a fixed fee advisory service and we do not require you to come to the office.
What is the process?
- The first step is to place our details on the ILA form. given by Coutts . Our details go to Coutts head office in Bristol and then ILA pack will come to us by email using a secured system called egress.
- We will review the pack which is about 8 documents and arrange a video conference by Zoom. You will need to produce ID a passport or driving licence and Utility or Council Tax bill. This can be sent to us scanned.
- We can arrange the Zoom meeting very quickly after receiving the pack from Coutts.
- Once the advice is given, you will need to send your signed certificate to us. When we receive this, we shall endorse (sign) the document and send it to the Coutts head office in Bristol by next day delivery.
We provide efficient service with the minimum of fuss.
How long does it take?
Once you fill in our details on the initial form Coutts take about 2 days to provide this. We suggest you chase Coutts if it takes longer. Once we receive the pack we shall notify you immediately and usually arrange a video call on the same day. The Coutts ILA certificate will be sent out usually the same day once we receive your signed page.
What is the cost?
Barclays Independent Legal Advice certification.
This includes a meeting, reviewing the documents seeking any clarification from the conducting solicitors and finally certifying the documents with a letter of comprehensive advice
£750 + VAT
|For any additional person, we need to advise (in joint lending/guarantors)||
£200.00 + VAT
Who should I contact?
For a quick turn around and response within 1 hour* please call Garner & Hancock Solicitors 020 3879 4027 and ask for Mr Vinay Tanna.
Or complete the form below
We also provide a service where we can come to your home or business. *Within business hours