Asset Protection

You may already know that paying for care home fees is subject to means-testing however did you know that the home can be disregarded from the test if it is still occupied by the husband or wife?

But what happens when the husband or wife is no longer living there? Say, for example, they too go into care or they may die. It is likely that the property would have been held by the couple as ‘joint tenants’ meaning that, on death, it would pass to the survivor of the marriage

How Long Must I Own My Home to Avoid Paying Capital Gains Tax ?

The purchase, renovation, and sale of a distressed property can potentially yield substantial financial gains. Nevertheless, the prospect of a sizable Capital Gains Tax (CGT) burden may cast a shadow on this otherwise promising undertaking.

Our Guarantee

Family Law Advice, members of STEP experts in planning

We believe our business begins and ends with you and your needs, as our client. Therefore, we are committed to providing the best client care and advice which will give you confidence that your matter is handled with the utmost care.

Request for a Legal Consultation

Garner & Hancock realise that the prospect of pursuing a legal matter can be challenging, so we offer an initial phone consultation to discuss your options, and to give you information that will help you make the right choices affecting your case.

Pre-Nuptial and Confidential Pre-Nuptial Agreements

We have developed reliable and effective pre-marital and confidential marital agreements that we believe can safeguard your assets both now and in the future.

How Can We Help You?

We’re here to assist you. Simply send us your query, and we’ll provide an initial consultation to anyone seeking legal assistance. Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime for help with your legal matters.